2.09.2009

Shape and Size

A poem! This relates directly to the last two posts.


I see myself in everybody else;

my face is in their face,

my eyes are in their eyes.


Blue skies and white,

beyond, my soul;

I feel my blood in

the veins of trees;

I have mountain shoulders.


And yet

so much solitary

in this solidarity.


Out we come

from earth and flesh

in so many shapes and sizes;

this is my shape and size.


This is my shape and size?

reflected in a mirror or in a stream

or a storefront window,

this is my face?

this is my nose?

this is my voice?

that’s what my eyes do?


Don’t you know that

I AM the world?

on a clear day,

the sun is in my chest;

I feel rain under my skin;

my tears stain the sky.


The world is a tortured mirror;

I am so big small.

No comments:

Post a Comment